We thought it was the building under construction just behind the building you see.
Upon further investigation a couple blocks down we found this fire. I don't know what the shop was but it was spewing smoke like crazy.
We learned that the firemen are all volunteers. On top of being volunteers, they have to ask for money from the mayor to buy equipment or pay for it themselves. THAT is dedication!
It exploded out of the windows...
Neither Andrew or I had seen firefighters in action like this so it was kind of fun to watch. We walked by the next day and they were clearing through the rubbish, and the shops right next door were open. Smoke damage and all haha. It was kind of funny to see people in the restaurant with blackened walls. Life must go on...
Wow! A fire, completos, big waves, pancakes, the subway... you guys are living it up! :-) I've said this before, but what an awesome adventure you guys are on! I love your updates and all the photos you post. Thanks for sharing your memories!
ReplyDelete