Hola,
We’ll we packed up and moved out of our apartment in
Rexburg. Headed to Boise for 2 days then were on our way to Chile… After 24 hours of travel time we made it to Santiago, then after a very confusing whirl through VISAs ,
checkpoints, baggage claim and customs we boarded a bus for the hour and a half trek to Viña del Mar. Once in Viña, we made our way to the Bed and Breakfast we rested and tried to unwind. The last couple of weeks have been a mix of apartment hunting, school orientation, and trying to figure out life in Chile.
The church members here are so kind, they are so willing to go out of their way to help. They've fed us, helped us find apartments, invited us to Family Home Evening, and they are so kind and welcoming. We left the bed and breakfast
Thursday and stayed with some members then moved into our place on Friday August 10.
I feel like such an idiot because I can understand some things but not a lot and am too afraid to say anything. Whenever I tell someone I don’t speak Spanish, they just stare and me and walk away hahaha. The money is so different 1000 chilean pesos is like $2. Food is all labeled and packaged differently so it is a mystery as to what you are going to get… we got some plain tomato sauce thinking it was pasta sauce. I bought some spices, hopefully I can get it to taste better. Everyday is an exciting adventure
 |
| Em loves to look out the window! |
 |
| 3 for 1 pizza wednesday! |
 |
| Beach! |
 |
| Em was terrified of the water... |
 |
| Reloj De Flores, it was super bright hence scowling |
 |
| Overlook point of the city |
Those beach pictures are so beautiful! How fun to live in a new country and experience so many adventures for a short time. I hope you are starting to feel at ease despite not knowing the language Annie. Emery looks like she loves the view at least! I hope you keep us posted, I keep wanting to call or text you but I don't know that it's practical with you being out of the country, haha!
ReplyDeleteHoly cow. I am so jealous, not going to lie. You guys are awesome.
ReplyDelete