Monday, November 5, 2012

La Playa Secreta

 On Saturday we took a day trip to La Playa Secreta (secret beach) about an hour and a half north of Viña. It is in an area where there are lots of wealthy people's vacation homes, notice the helicopter pad...
*pictures from friends
The water was absolutely breathtakingly blue. It was icy cold though.



 Andrew and some girls in our group swam out and found a rock in the middle of the ocean.

It looks like they're walking on water almost.
 Then a few hours later I got a turn to swim out there....


 I stayed behind with a girl that wasn't as comfortable swimming so when we made it to the rock it we were getting slammed by huge waves and could barely get on...

 I kinda thought I was going to die for a few minutes.



 Lovely action shot of me jumping off. I wish we had a waterproof camera so you could have seen how beautiful it was at the rocks. It's probably twenty feet deep around the rock and you can see all the way down.



 I was freezing, hence the extreme hunch. I'm working on it though.

Andrew stayed in the water for over an hour and a half. Don't know how he did it.
 Here are the pictures from our camera.




 Peanut butter and jam sandwiches.

 Hiking on trails along the water.












 Em loved to try and drink the gatorade.
 I love this picture.
 She got soo exhausted she wouldn't sleep but was so grumpy. Finally I got her to sleep.




 Heading out with my sleeping baby.

Beautiful day in the sunshine!


1 comment:

  1. It is SO beautiful there! There really is nothing quite as breathtaking as crystal blue ocean water. Great photos too!

    ReplyDelete