Sunday, May 13, 2012

Thoughts on Mother's Day


Before Andrew and I got married, I had the distinct impression that I needed to be open to having a baby right away and that we would be blessed with one. I was terrified. All sorts of things swirled through my head of how I had planned my first year of marriage to be just the two of us and I wasn’t ready for a baby. I had meltdowns to Andrew over the phone, poor guy, but he never faltered. He said the Lord would help us do it and we would make it through. We’d figure out a way to do it. And he was right. I cannot even imagine my life now without my Emery.

It is a complete honor to be the mother of this sweet baby girl each and everyday. I cannot count how many times throughout our days together that she touches my heart and makes me so happy. She makes my life so worth living.  At times it still seems surreal that this little lady is mine forever. I'm so happy I get to spend my first official Mother's Day  with the two people who made me a mother. And I'm so grateful that I was the lucky one chosen to bring this beautiful, elect soul to earth.
Happy Mother's Day! Especially to my own beautiful mom, and mother-in-law. We love you and are so grateful for all you do for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment