Monday, April 30, 2012

R Mountain

Last Saturday was beautiful and we were itching to get out and do something. We decided to take Emery on her first hike. Andrew insisted the hike would be really easy so I agreed. Turns out we are both in terrible shape. But we conqured the extinct volcano!
About half way up 
At the top! Em looks high and  I look like I'm dying...


Self timer focused on the plant... oops


4 comments:

  1. R Mountain is no joke. You think it's going to be an easy hike but it's a lot steeper than you would expect. I'm glad you guys got to enjoy the nice weather and conquered the volcano!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously! I thought it'd be pretty easy, but it was definitely pretty steep. I'm glad Andrew wore Em because I probably would've slipped and died!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous day! How fun! I never hiked R Mountain but it looks exhausting. First family hike! I'm glad you guys got some fun photos to remember it by too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, Andrew was surprised you graduated from here and never hiked the mountain. Then he realized I graduated from here too without ever having done it... It was tough but so nice to get out!

    ReplyDelete