**I stole the pictures from Elise's blog, so sorry for any duplicate posts haha...
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
I did a 5k!
I went to Boise at the beginning of March to welcome Ethan, my cousin, home from his mission. Over the weekend, Hannah's National Honor Society held a 5k to raise money for the Red Cross. I am not/have never been a huge fan of running or walking so this was not my ideal family activity, but I am glad I did it.


I learned to not do Jillian Michael's 30 day shred squats the day before a 5k, my legs were burning! Basically 95% of the course was through mud and muck which didn't help the leg situation. I survived and even ran the last bit with Emery strapped to my chest. The announcer had to point me out to everyone as I finished exclaiming "that's one strong lady!" I was embarrassed. Emery slept through the whole race.

**I stole the pictures from Elise's blog, so sorry for any duplicate posts haha...
**I stole the pictures from Elise's blog, so sorry for any duplicate posts haha...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Way to go on the 5K lady! I jog with Brockton and I don't think I could ever do it holding a baby. You are a strong woman, just like the announcer said.
ReplyDeleteHaha thanks, it was tough, especially because it was so muddy, The whole race I kept getting disappointed because I thought there'd be sidewalk around the next corner, but it was just more mud...
ReplyDelete