Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Happy First Year Emery!



Dear Emery,

Within the next few hours you will be turning one year old. I can't believe that it has already been one year since you came into my life. I remember staying up at night wondering what you were going to bring into my life, who you would be and what you would look like. I pictured a blonde haired and blue eyed little girl that carried the perfect characteristics of her mother and the attitude of her father. I think it is safe to say I was right on all of those. I would ponder the future and try to picture you lying in my lap as a baby and you running around as a todler. It is true that I was a little nervous for your arrival but excitement always chased that away as I thougtht of the many ways you would soon bless my life. Among the many emotions I felt a year ago today there was none greater than what I felt before you were born. Just minutes before your arrival I saw you as you prepared to enter this world. I saw you among many who loved you and were anticipating this special opportunity you had to come to earth and receive a body. And Emery just before you crossed the veil, I saw you with he who loves you the most, our Heavenly Father. I knew at that time that someone special was coming into my life because Heavenaly Father was sending me one of his most loved daughters. I cannot explain to you the joy I felt as I saw you for the first time. My heart melts as I remember holding you for in my arms. You would softly open your eyes and peek at me in a way I will never forget. It was at that time I promised myself and Heavenly Father that I would be the best father I could for you. I have throughly enjoyed having you in my life. I love that you cry when I leave and jump with exitement when I come home, it makes me feel so special. I love your pretty smile and sky blue eyes that always remind me of where you came from. I love when you run around and get into everything, its messy but watching you explore and learn as you go is something I will always enjoy. I love waking up to you jumping on me every morning and poking at my eyes and nose. I love when you bring me a book and then sit in my lap as I read it to you. I love when you give me kisses. I love when you share your food with me even when its already been in your mouth. I love when you sing and dance when you hear music. I love that you find the smallest little things, it really helps us to clean up more often. I love when you want to do everything I do, I hope I can always be a good example for you. I love when you point out new things you learned like where the frog is on your shirt and where mama's nose is. I love the happiness you bring into my life and I love that you are just like your mom in so many ways. How did I get so lucky!? I am grateful for you Emery and hope you have had a great first year here on earth. Always remember that Heavenly Father loves you and cares about you just like your parents do. I am grateful that I get to be your father and teach you and show you the many things here on earth. Happy Birthday Emery! I love you through and through, yesterday, today and tomorrow too! (And of course forever!)

Love,
Dad

 

 
I love you Emery, Happy Birthday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment