Friday, August 17, 2012

10 months!

Emery is now ten months old. I look at her and see a little girl now… she’s not a baby anymore. She is bursting with personality.  Here are a few of my favorite things.
  • She waves at everything. She has been waving for a few months, but lately we’ll be walking down the street and she’ll wave at stray dogs and buses and other things passing us. She responds to hi, bye bye, and hola with a wave.
  • She has a fake smile. Here in Chile people are always ooh and ahhing over her and usually she is genuinely excited about it but occasionally she’ll give this fakey smile that is HILARIOUS. I need to try and get it on camera.
  • She continues to stand and walk along furniture. She has taken a few steps to reach a different item of furniture. She will also stand when she wants picked up and take two steps toward Andrew or I, but we have to be super close.
  • Music is a cure all.  I sing primary songs to her all the time and they truly help her calm down and sleep.  She loves to sing ‘If you’re happy and you know it’ and “head, shoulders, knees, and toes.
  • She has learned to accept that she is tired. We go sit on the bed and she will play for a couple minutes, then she’ll lean her head on me and cuddle until she falls asleep. I love cuddling with her as she falls asleep. It sure beats wrestling her to lay down and rocking her forever.
  • She continues to love books. She loves look at pictures and be read to. I don’t think she can pass by a book without flipping through the pages.
  •  She gives kisses freely, my favorite is while we are reading books she’ll just lean down and kiss characters.
  • She dances. We’ll say “Emmy can you dance?” and she’ll do an erratic jumping dance. It is soo cute.
  • This one I don’t love so much but need to document. She loves my hair. Especially when it’s curly after I wash it but before I straighten it. She’ll pull it out by the handful and stretch out each strand and look at it. It’s kind of a strange obsession, and painful for me!










1 comment:

  1. Ok, I'm going to comment on your 3 recent posts here. :-) Emery is a total cutie. No doubt about it! She's really growing up so quickly. I can't believe she's already 10 months old!

    Also, what a cool apartment you have! Gorgeous view, cool location and awesome that it's furnished! (I'm assuming that you didn't bring all that furniture with you). I'm sure you guys will make a lot of special memories in that little place.

    What an adventure you're having! I'm so glad that the church members there are so nice and helpful to you. I've always heard that about the people in Chile. You'll be a pro at all things Chilean by the time you come back home, I'm sure. :-)

    ReplyDelete